The wedding rings and engagement rings you choose will be the most enduring pieces of your wedding day. Your ring is a long-lasting symbol of your love and commitment. Choose rings that are timeless and high quality.
Did you know... ?
The wearing of wedding rings on the third finger of the left hand dates back to the 17th Century BC. Ancient Egyptians believed that this finger contained the “vena amoris”, the vein of love, that runs directly to the heart. By placing a continuous band of precious metal on this finger, it was thought that you ensured your everlasting love.
There are many things to consider when choosing your wedding ring.
* It needs to match or sit comfortably with the engagement ring.
* If you intend on buying an anniversary band in the future, make sure the wedding ring leaves enough room on the finger.
* If you do manual work, you’ll need a heavier-weight ring for extra durability. Also consider that 10K rings are made of a alloy that is not as soft as 14K or better, but the metal can be much more brittle.
* If you want your ring engraved, think about choosing a wider band. This will allow more room to engrave the message.
* Patterned, celtic or diamond set rings are increasingly fashionable but the traditional plain band remains popular.
* Choose from yellow gold, white gold or a mix of the two for extra versatility. Platinum is also a growing trend for wedding rings.
* If you are choosing a wide band, look for one that has a curved inner surface to allow the ring to fit comfortably.