1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. The Stop in Text in to Win Sweepstakes is sponsored by Stop In Food Stores ("Stop In") and Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WSLS-TV ("WSLS") (collectively referred to as "Contest Entities"). The geographic scope of this sweepstakes is Virginia.
3. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law. By entering, entrants agree to these Official Rules. Limit one (1) entry per person.
4. Sweepstakes begins on August 31, 2012 and ends on November 12, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). Final entry deadline is November 11, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET"). Drawings to determine prize winners will be held each Friday during the Promotion Period. Drawing to determine Grand Prize Winner will be held on or about November13, 2012. All Weekly Prize Winners are eligible for a chance to win Grand Prize. Stop In's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes promotion.
5. All entrants must be eighteen (18) years old and legal residents of Virginia at the time of entry.
6. Employees of Stop In Food Stores, Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WSLS-TV and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) and households (whether or not related), are not eligible to enter or win.
7. Grand Prize (1): One (1) or more Stop In Gas Cards redeemable for up to a combined total of $250 in gas. ARV: $250.
8. Second Place Prize (1): One (1) or more Stop In Gas Cards redeemable for up to a combined total of $100 in gas. ARV: $100.
9. Third Place Prize (1): One (1) or more Stop In Gas Cards redeemable for up to a combined total of $50 in gas. ARV: $50.
10. Fourth Place Prize (1): One (1) or more Stop In Gas Cards redeemable for up to a combined total of $50 in gas. ARV: $50.
11.Fifth Place Prize (1): One (1) or more Stop In Gas Cards redeemable for up to a combined total of $50 in gas. ARV: $50.
12. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries receive
13. Gas Card prizes are subject to the following terms and conditions: Gas cards are for gas only; there are no other eligible products. Prizes are nontransferable and can be used at participating locations only.
14. All details of all prizes shall be at Stop In's sole discretion. Winners assume sole responsibility for all costs associated with the prizes not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), fees, and surcharges on a prize. Prize has no cash value, is non-transferable, may not be auctioned or sold, and may not be substituted, except that except that Stop In may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary in its discretion.
15. Any portion of any prize not used by any winner is forfeit and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. All prizes being offered are provided "as is" with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Contest Entities. Contest Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
16. Entries will be accepted beginning August 31, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ending each Friday during the Promotion Period at 11:59 p.m. ET. There are two (2) ways to enter: a. Text Message Entry: If you have a wireless device with text-messaging service, a two-way capable handset, and digital service, you may enter via text message during the Entry Period by typing "99299" in the "To" field and "FOOTBALL" in the "Message" field. Within approximately two minutes of sending the text message, you will be sent a confirmation text message on your handset. You may be charged for any text message that originates from or is received by your handset according to the terms in your calling agreement and rate plan with your wireless service provider. Text messaging and wireless service may not be available in all areas; or b. Website Entry: Visit http://www2.wsls.com/entertainment/contest/ and complete an Official Entry Form with the following required information: (i) name, (ii) address, (iii) telephone number, (iv) e-mail address, and (v) date of birth. Online entrants will see a web page confirming the entry after submission. Online entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant.
17. By participating in the Sweepstakes by text message entries, all text message entrants expressly consent to receive text message communications from Stop In as well as agreeing to opt-in to future promotional alerts from Stop In. If you do not wish to receive such alerts, please enter the sweepstakes online at http://www2.wsls.com/entertainment/contest/ as provided above. You may also have your mobile or cell phone number removed from our mailing list by texting STOP to "99299" at any time.
18. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period, regardless of method of entry. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be void. Uses of automated devices are not valid for entry. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by cellular phone or mobile device, or uses any robotic, automatic, mechanical or programmed device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities, will be disqualified. Contest Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which in their opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
19. If you send your entry via text message, the prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the Mobile Telephone Number (MTN) indicated on your entry. If you send your entry online, prize will be awarded to the name on the online entry form. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a mobile telephone number/email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, as applicable. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the potential winner may need to present a bill to confirm his/her status as the authorized account holder of the account used to submit the winning entry.
20. To be eligible for any weekly prize drawing, all entries (regardless of the method of entry) must be received by Contest Entities no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on the Friday prior to that week's drawing. To be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing, all entries (regardless of the method of entry) must be received by Contest Entities no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on November 12, 2012. Entrants who fail to provide the required information will not be eligible to win and will not be notified by Contest Entities. All Entry Forms become the property of Stop In and will not be returned or acknowledged.
21. On November 13, 2012, or within a reasonable time thereafter, Contest Entities their designee will randomly choose one (1) name from all timely entries received (including all Weekly Prize Winners). Subject to verification of eligibility, the persons whose name is so drawn will be declared the Prize Winners.
22. Contest Entities will contact all potential winners in accordance with the information supplied on their Entry Forms. Winners may be verified over the telephone at the time and may be asked to provide Contest Entities with valid identification and execute an affidavit of eligibility and, where legal, a publicity release. Acceptable identification includes a valid driver's license or other valid picture ID showing name and address. Faxes will not be accepted. The winners may also be required to sign other legal documents, including tax forms and a release supplied by Contest Entities that, among other disclaimers, releases Contest Entities and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons from any and all liability related to this Sweepstakes and the receipt and use of any prize. Upon verification of eligibility, the names of winners may be posted on the Contest Entities' websites at wsls.com.
23. In the event that any potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by Contest Entities within three (3) days from initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, (d) or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Contest Entities may, in their discretion, disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing to be held as soon as reasonably practicable after initial winner is determined to be ineligible. Alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. Contest Entities will conduct up to three (3) alternate drawings. If Contest Entities are unable to confirm an eligible winner for a particular prize after three (3) alternate drawings, no further drawings will be conducted for that prize and that prize will not be awarded.
24. By accepting a prize, winners agree to award Contest Entities the right to publicize their names, photographs (including the use and appearance of winner's photograph on Contest Entities' respective web pages), likenesses, biographical information, e-mail address, voices and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
25. Entrants agree that Stop In Food Stores, Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WSLS-TV and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons (a) are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any lost, misdirected, postage-due, illegible, mutilated or damaged entry forms, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not received by Contest Entities by the deadlines stated above; (b) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading of any software or materials; (c) are released from any and all liability related to this Sweepstakes and the receipt and use of any prize; and (d) will not be responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure.
26. All federal, state and local laws apply. Stop In shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, selection of winners, deadlines, restrictions on prizes, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By entering, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
27. Stop In reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes or any part of this Sweepstakes should any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or other causes beyond its control, corrupt or impair the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of this Sweepstakes as determined by Stop In in its sole discretion, at which time, Stop In will select the winner by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes cancellation, termination or suspension.
28. Stop In reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Stop In finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner Stop In determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Contest Entities; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of entries permitted by these rules including by using an automated device or by using more than one e-mail address or text messaging or wireless device. Any failure by the Stop In to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STOP IN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
29. All activity arising out of and relating to the Sweepstakes is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules and you agree to cooperate with Contest Entities concerning verification and/or auditing. All references to an entrant's status as a "winner" are subject to verification and/or auditing by Contest Entities. If verification activity or an audit evidences non-compliance of an entry or entrant with the Official Rules as determined by Contest Entities in their sole discretion, Stop In reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and remove the entry from the Sweepstakes at any time.
30. Contest Entities reserve the right to correct typographical or clerical errors in any sweepstakes-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Stop In reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
31. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
32. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Contest Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Virginia. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of Virginia, County of Roanoke and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
33. For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners' List, visit wsls.com or mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Stop In Text In To Win Sweepstakes c/o Stop In, c/o WSLS, 401 3rd Street S.W., Roanoke, Virginia 24011, specifying either "Winners' List Request" or "Official Rules Request." Winners' List will be available after December 1, 2012.